Skip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Florence to host 2-day flag football tournament
0 Comments

Florence to host 2-day flag football tournament

  • 0
{{featured_button_text}}
Year in Sports Photos

The Cowboys' Christian Hickson (right) tries to catch the Redskins' Rahmel Woodson. The teams faced off against each other in a flag football game, with players aged five and six years old, Saturday afternoon, September 6, 2014, at Freedom Florence Recreation Complex.

FLORENCE, S.C. – The city of Florence Parks and Recreation will host Battle South Carolina, a Flag Football World Championship Tour, on June 29-30 at the Florence Soccer Complex.

Teams from across the Southeast will come to Florence to compete in a flag football tournament with divisions for all ages and skill levels for men, women, coed and youth. The tournament is open invite, and teams do not have to qualify for the event.

Registration is open until 7 p.m. June 24. The cost of registration varies based on the team registered. There’s a $100 cash prize per team registered in the adult pro and open divisions.

Teams will also receive a paid bid to the 2020 Orlando World Championship if 10 or more teams are registered and a half bid if less than 10 teams participate.

Tim Wilson, athletic director with the city of Florence, said right now they are looking at charging $5 admission for individuals over 12 years of age and giving free admission to those 12 and under.

The two-day event was supposed to be held in December, but due to the weather, the tournament was moved to June, Wilson said.

Wilson said they hope to create more exposure for sports tourism and to bring business to the hospitality industry in Florence through the tournament.

For more information on the tournament or registration, visit ffwct.com.

0 Comments

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

FLORENCE, S.C. – A man wanted on 26 outstanding arrest warrants was arrested Monday. Officers from the Florence Police Department arrested Joshua Genord Eaddy, 24, of Florence and took him into custody in the 800 block of South Irby Street. Eaddy faces 12 counts of financial transaction card fraud, six counts of financial transaction card theft, two counts of financial identify fraud, and one count each of armed robbery, possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime, possession of a weapon by a felon, shoplifting, simple possession of marijuana, and possession of stolen property. 

FLORENCE, S.C. – Two Florence residents are behind bars following the execution of two unrelated search warrants Wednesday morning. Clemmie Lee Jones Jr., 58, and Kristen Nicole Hunt, 40, were arrested by narcotics investigators with the Florence County Sheriff's Office. 

FLORENCE, S.C. – A six year old North Vista Elementary School student is scheduled to appear in two movies being filmed this summer. Second grader Jamier Williams and his mother, Shikari Gregg, headed to New York late last week so that Williams could appear in the first of two movies. Williams will return to the Big Apple in August to appear in the second movie.

DARLINGTON, S.C. – A former W. Glenn Campbell Detention Center employee is behind bars after allegedly engaging in a relationship with a female inmate. Jessica Graham, 30, of Timmonsville, was arrested Thursday by agents of the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division on a charge of misconduct in office. 

Recommended for you

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

Breaking News

News Alert